Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 18 December 2011

Famous Places In Antwerp

No comments :
Famous Places In Antwerp
 Train stations were wondrous places thirty years ago. Restaurants inside were often legendary. I fondly remember splurge meals in places like Bordeaux station, where I had my first meal that had both a meat main course and a fish main course. In Copenhagen, the buffet at the train station was so incredible I had to revisit Copenhagen just to dine there.

Today, there are fewer fine restaurants and many chain or fast food joints. Train stations have become overly familiar in some ways; it's sometimes hard to tell one in France from one in Galesburg, Illinois, although some stations, like the one in Antwerp pictured, still have that old world appeal. There is still a feeling though, when you look at the timetables, that the world is just sitting there, waiting for you to discover it.
And that, my friends, is ultimately what travel is all about.





No comments :